Monday, January 17, 2011
Official!
It's official, I am engaged! my frenchman felt it was necessary and the right time to make it official, and he done good! He offered me (he loves using that word, so I've stolen it from him) a beautiful ring and I wasn't about to refuse his offer as I have been in the throws of turning my so called life topsy turvy for the last 6 months! But I must admit, I didn't care much about an official engagement and didn't really want a traditional engagement ring, as Patrick and I are not your traditional couple. The fact that we are not your traditional couple is what makes things work for us. I'm not saying that we work because we live 3,300 miles apart (I'm not denying it either) - because we have lived together several times for a couple months and it works then too. This being engaged business...it feels good! I think the fact that we are official to the eyes of the world, and that we are really starting to take our next steps...just feels right. Still so many things to work out, the most important being..will my son choose to move with me or will he decide to live with his father? Every time I think about this subject I have a mini break-down, and you know what? I allow myself to have it too! Things will be moving along at the speed of lightning in the next few months, I hope I can keep up with myself. Because of all that is going on I've made a conscious decision to do my best to get just a little more rest each night. Really! I need to feel my best and give my best to my family right now..I can't afford to be cranky and whiny right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment