Thursday, October 14, 2010

Overwhelmed

I typically don't give into the feeling of being overwhelmed...because I have the ability to recalculate, systematically re-prioritize everything in my wee little brain and in the end everything just falls into place. When it comes to my upcoming move..I'm not there yet! I just cannot seem to get my arms around everything that I need to do and in the end I feel defeated. I usually describe myself as being overly optimistic, maybe it's simply naive but I prefer sticking with overly optimistic..it's just so...optimistic!! hehe So I need to get my rear in gear, roll my sleeves up and get busy with it! When I think that the move is planned for early July, and that July is just 8 months away...well..I'm overwhelmed! It seems that I need to be held accountable to get a few things done before R and I leave for Paris next month. I need to take inventory of all the things that need to be done in the house, room by room. I need to request a market check / market comparison so I can have a better idea of what homes are selling for in my neighborhood. I also need to get quotes for shipping my earthly belongings overseas. Soon after that I need to start weeding through these earthly belongings and simply get rid of stuff and possibly store other items that I will take with me. Realistically, I need to out the house on the market in February, and yes, that's less than four months away. When I skinny it down, I will have two months to prep the house for the market after I get back from my trip in November. I need to use my time wisely it seems.
OK, I feel better now..just writing this down helped a little teensy bit.

2 comments:

  1. It always works out!

    I'm glad to be your secretary to write down stuff as you inventory!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. You know I will take you up on the offer, right? I actually used my lunch time today to start three lists. So I'm making a little progress. Also, H is going to be doing some painting for me! I feel better already...at least for the moment.

    ReplyDelete