Friday, July 1, 2011

Renters


Today is the day! I don't really know for sure, it's just a feeling! I've had people traipsing through here looking at my house for months! Due to the unfavorable housing market, I recently decided to give up on selling my house (although the sign is still up!) and have been looking for renters. Interesting process indeed!

Now I'm not feeling warm and fuzzy about being a landlord, in fact it really bothers me to know that complete strangers will be living in MY HOUSE and making all kinds of messes. And to be honest, I simply don't want to deal with the hassle of being a landlord from 3,500 miles away! I AM having a hard time detaching myself from this house, I know that, and until I sell this house it's still MY house.

Yesterday's visitors for the first time gave me hope! They are moving to CT due to a job relocation, have a little girl and two dogs (and yes I'm ok with that, don't ask me why). They are interested in possibly buying the house as well (maybe the St. Joseph's statue I buried next to my sage plant is helping me out!). I was comfortable around them and felt for the first time that these people would truly appreciate living in my home. For the first time I feel like I am OK with letting someone live in my house. They said they would let my realtor know today. I'm praying really hard today!!!

I do have another visit this afternoon, so....who knows? There's nothing I would like more than to get this rental experience wrapped up. I've been pretty good about taking the laid back attitude of "Oh it will all work out", but I would like to get it all worked out by end of next week.
I think that's a reasonable request!

1 comment: