Monday, September 13, 2010
what we do for love....
Last week I took a flight to France to help my cheri move. I would do anything to spend some time with him, and if this doesn't prove it I don't know what does. Not that I'm looking to prove my love and devotion to him. He already knows. Even though the time I spent with him was short, it was kind of fun setting up house for him. So I traveled all this way just to help him move. No romantic stroll in our favorite place in Auvers, no afternoon trip to a museum, nope...none of that. I arrived at 6 am Saturday and we started the move at 8:30 am. Sunday was a repeat of Saturday, Monday he worked while I unpacked and then we spent three hours at the old apartment finishing up and scrubbing it up. You do learn many things about a person when you pack their possessions and turn around and unpack and attempt to put some kind of meaningful order to it all. I did learn two new things about him (I must add that I did suspect this of him but was given more evidence after this move). He loves bags and he loves electrical cords (anything with a plug). He had all kinds of bags (mostly empty bags) tucked away in the strangest of places. Now the bags were not a problem, I was able to get him down to about a couple dozen good bags without him even knowing....but it was the types of things that I found in these bags. Example: in a small little bag I found about 20 little toys, the kind that one may find in the McDonald's kid meals..you know what I'm talking about, right? But my cheri doesn't eat at McDonald's..I was puzzled. So I asked! When he responded by telling me that these were toys that were found in the KinderSurprise, I was a little confused...he then added that they were my children's toys that he had saved....I fell in love with him a little more. The electrical cords were another story, no happy ending there. He still has many cords but they are all tucked away in a couple boxes now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Aw, how could you NOT fall a little more in love after knowing he saved the kids' toys?!
ReplyDeleteMissed you!