I'm going to attempt to share my ten month plan. P and I have decided after 10 years to make a more definitive plan for our future life together. "The Plan". Yes, that's what we are calling it. We will continue to formalize this plan in more detail as time goes on.. but let me start from the beginning. Ten short yeas ago, I met P. We are an unlikely couple, and regardless of the great distance of 3522 miles, bumpy rides and many trips across the Atlantic, we have stayed together. We have come to a final conclusion, we cannot live without each other. We decided that 2011 would finally be the year to make it happen, hence The Plan. The first month, September, consists of researching some administrative stuff. Mostly things I need to look into, such as renting my house vs. selling my house. Going through my house top to bottom inside and out and taking a full inventory room by room of each little thing that needs to be fixed or replaced. Down to the very last nail. P is to look into location where we may like to live, specifically looking at the train route to the possible school we are looking into for R. Yes, P has it easy the first month, I'm giving him a break as he started a new job and is making a move this month. I am also making the trip to France in September to help out with P's move into a new apartment. For some reason the idea of painting his kitchen, bathroom and bedroom is my idea of FUN. Upon my return I will need to renew our (mine and the children) passports, as mine will be expiring in October and H and R's have already expired. I think it's going to be easy to stay on task, we are both so motivated and excited that it really doesn't seem like a chore to perform these tasks. Two pics above, one taken circa 2002 and the other July 2010.
Friday, August 27, 2010
The Plan
I'm going to attempt to share my ten month plan. P and I have decided after 10 years to make a more definitive plan for our future life together. "The Plan". Yes, that's what we are calling it. We will continue to formalize this plan in more detail as time goes on.. but let me start from the beginning. Ten short yeas ago, I met P. We are an unlikely couple, and regardless of the great distance of 3522 miles, bumpy rides and many trips across the Atlantic, we have stayed together. We have come to a final conclusion, we cannot live without each other. We decided that 2011 would finally be the year to make it happen, hence The Plan. The first month, September, consists of researching some administrative stuff. Mostly things I need to look into, such as renting my house vs. selling my house. Going through my house top to bottom inside and out and taking a full inventory room by room of each little thing that needs to be fixed or replaced. Down to the very last nail. P is to look into location where we may like to live, specifically looking at the train route to the possible school we are looking into for R. Yes, P has it easy the first month, I'm giving him a break as he started a new job and is making a move this month. I am also making the trip to France in September to help out with P's move into a new apartment. For some reason the idea of painting his kitchen, bathroom and bedroom is my idea of FUN. Upon my return I will need to renew our (mine and the children) passports, as mine will be expiring in October and H and R's have already expired. I think it's going to be easy to stay on task, we are both so motivated and excited that it really doesn't seem like a chore to perform these tasks. Two pics above, one taken circa 2002 and the other July 2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment